Wilson Tool leads the industry with service, quality and innovation and offers the most comprehensive tooling line available for the punch press. Whether you need standard or special shapes; thick or thin turret; Wiedemann®, Salvagnini or Trumpf®-style tooling, our solutions will optimize your performance.
Need Help?Contact a
Trumpf Heavy Duty tooling is designed to withstand the higher tonnage associated with punching and nibbling thicker materials.
- The large shoulder punch withstands the higher force involved.
- The punch has extra back taper as standard, reducing galling and pick-up.
- Optima® coating greatly improves performance.
- The die is strengthened by a step on the bottom. DESIGN CRITERIA
- Minimum punch dia .394 [10mm]. For < .394 [10mm] use standard Size 1 punch.
- Maximum die ‘A’ dimension 2.716 [69mm].
- Uses Heavy Duty system collar
- .039 [1.00mm] radius on corners will increase the life of the punch and die
- Rooftop or whisper shear will reduce the tonnage significantly as long as the depth of shear is at least half the thickness of the material
- Heavy Duty punch to be used on material .250 [6.35mm] thick and above or where punching force is over 22.5 tons
- Heavy Duty die to be used where punching force is over 20 tons
- Uses standard strippers
- Tools for thicker plate often exceed the machine tonnage. Ask our sales desk to verify
INFORMATION REQUIRED TO ORDER:
- Size and shape of punch
- Material thickness and type
- Machine model